Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Old pictures

Here are pictures of quilts I found from the end of 2006 and beginning of 2007. I hope you enjoy them!! Tessellating cats!!

This quilt top was a wedding present from 30 years ago or more. She had me quilt it so she could donate it to the humanitarian center. In the end, it was so fun her daughter wanted it and it never made it to the humanitarian center.
This is a buggy barn pattern and was done in the school colors as a donation for an auction. I was tempted to bid on it myself, but who can compete with the English!?!

This was made out of some scraps as a gift for a nurse friend.

I love this quilt!! I love the simplicity and sweetness of it. The little pieces of red in it really make the quilt.


A group of girlfriends from high school each make a block for each other and put them together for the first baby. What an absolute treasure. Each block shows so much about the giver.









This is some kind of pioneer pattern and I think it turned out so fun!!


I've been working on embroidering these blocks so I can make this for myself some day.
This was a Christmas gift for a sister. Each poinsettia flower has about 14 pieces layered together to form the flower. What a treasure!!









No comments: