Thursday, August 28, 2008

I love the way these trees are pieced--different and super fun!
This great Halloween quilt was pieced using a layer cake. I think it turned out so fun. Unfortunately, the pattern has you sew together the squares and then cut them down to 8 1/2 inches. How buggy the designer has you waste all that fabric!! If I were to make it, I'd square up the half square triangles without sizing them down.
Regardless, I think it is a fabulous quilt!!Our quilt guild handed out a kit containing only three fabrics. I love comparing finished projects. My friend added six more fabrics, some sashing and a border and her finished project is so fun in my opinion. Now, this quilt will be a gift for grandpa!!
This quilt is the upcoming project for the 4th ward. This can be made for any season and makes a great table topper. Maybe the 9th ward ought to attempt another project!?!?

1 comment:

stephanie said...

thanks for featuring my quilt. It always looks better from a distance.