Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Few of My Own

These Halloween fat quarters were given to me as a birthday present. Of course, I used the Yellow Brick Road pattern and I think it's a pretty cute quilt.
I tried to step out of my comfort zone and I used the Turning Twenties Again pattern. I didn't love it with only six fat quarters because it made a long skinny quilt. I added some extra red pieces on either side to try and compensate. In the end, I love the quilt, but probably wouldn't use that pattern again with so few fat quarters.
I designed this quilt out of one of Sharon's Halloween lines. This wasn't included in the book, but I love having it around.
I made this quilt as a store sample for Material Girls. My girls all want it. The applique in the center took a little more time than I expected, but I had a lot of fun making it.

I'm taking the rest of the week off--which is why I took the opportunity to add a bunch of quilts today. Please leave comments when looking at the web site, so I know what people are most interested in seeing.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

I must say, that Halloween Yellow Brick Road is stunning. Who ever chose those fabrics must have great taste!