Sunday, December 21, 2008

Stephanie's Act of Love

This is only a picture of a piece of this quilt made by Stephanie Kelley as a Christmas gift for her son Jameson. She has so little time right now, this quilt truly is an act of love. It is a full size quilt and, I'm not sure if you can tell by my somewhat less than professional photo, that she only put the widest border on three sides leaving minimal borders under the pillow sham. This quilt is backed in minkee--which makes it heavenly!! ...but you better get the binding on right away Steph. I'm currently COVERED in minkee fuzz!!
Funny side note:
Stephanie and I were among friends yesterday when another friend inquired as to how my holiday quilting was coming. I played up how I had worked hard and was done except for the quilt that had just come that morning and had to be done right away. Can you believe someone would bring a quilt so late in the game and actually expect it to get finished? She was so great to feel sympathy for me and encourage me to turn people away. All the while Stephanie and I smiled and exchanged knowing glances. Thanks Kim, for being such a good sport and for caring about me. AND, in all fairness, I must add that Stephanie secured her spot in line some time ago.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

Thanks for the tribute--I have to admit w/ all the rough times w/ the big "J" lately, I was wondering why I was spending all my extra time making him a quilt!